Sound Like A Legend
The WA-251 is an all vacuum tube, large diaphragm, transformer balanced, multi-pattern, large condenser microphone, based on the classic ‘251 that has been used on countless hit records for the last 50+ years. The WA-251 is designed for pro studio, home studio, live, and broadcast applications and sounds great on vocals, acoustic/electric guitars, acoustic/electric bass, drums, piano, strings, brass/woodwind instruments, and an array of other sources.
A Slovak Republic JJ 12AY7 vacuum tube is used in the WA-251. We auditioned 3 tube brands and fell in love with the JJ 12AY7. The frequency response of the JJ tube, and the way it contributes to the circuit is tonally smooth and vintage in nature.
All Brass Capsule
The WA-12-B-60V is an all-brass, edge-terminated capsule that captures all the smoothness, rich top end, and warm vintage sonics of the original CK12 capsule. The WA-12-B-60V uses a variant CEK-12 back plate as a basis, which overcomes manufacturing limitations of the original CK12 capsule. The o-ring and housing of the WA-12-B-60V are all made from brass (no teflon parts), and the diaphragm is 24k gold sputtered 6 micron, NOS PET film (mylar). The end result is a very consistent, reliable capsule which matches the frequency response and tonality of the classic 1970's classic capsule.
The WA-251 utilizes an American made CineMag USA transformer. This transformer helps provide the present top end and the LARGE bottom end one would hope to get from a 251-style condenser microphone.
The WA-251 proudly uses polystyrene coupling capacitors, wima film capacitors throughout, and an imported Solen French capacitor on its output.
- CUSTOM WA-12-B-60V EDGE TERMINATED, DUAL-BACKPLATE,
ALL-BRASS VINTAGE CK12-STYLE CAPSULE
- CINEMAG USA OUTPUT TRANSFORMER
- JJ SLOVAK 12AY7 VACUUM TUBE
- GOTHAM 5 METER GAC-7, 7-PIN TUBE MICROPHONE CABLE
- WIMA, SOLEN FRENCH, AND POLYSTYRENE CAPACITORS
- POLAR PATTERNS: 3 PATTERNS - CARDIOID, OMNI, FIGURE-OF-EIGHT
- FREQUENCY RANGE: 20 HZ~20 KHZ
- OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 200 OHMS
- MAXIMUM SPL: 132DB (<0.5% THD)
- RATED LOAD IMPEDANCE: ≥2KOHMS
- S/N RATIO: 80DBA
- EQUIVALENT NOISE: 12DBA (IEC651)
- EXTERNAL IEC GROUNDED PSU
- TOTAL WEIGHT (MIC, PSU, SHOCKMOUNT, CABLES) - 12 LBS
- MIC DIMENSIONS: 247MM X 46MM
- DYNAMIC RANGE: 125DBA
- INCLUDES: MICROPHONE, WOOD BOX, PSU, SHOCK-MOUNT AND GOTHAM CABLE.