Designed for flexibility
The Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre is equipped with eight vibrant, 2nd generation Focusrite mic/line preamps that offer high headroom, copious clean gain, low noise, and vanishing low distortion — perfect for tracking drums, guitars, vocals, and more. Want to take the bass or keys direct? Scarlett OctoPre makes it convenient with its two extended-headroom front-panel instrument inputs. ADAT outputs offer easy connection to any interface or digital system fitted with ADAT optical inputs, and the analog line outputs are perfect for feeding an analog console while recording with the digital outputs.
Award-winning Focusrite preamps onboard
For over 25 years, Focusrite's award-winning pres have proven their mettle in pro studios around the world. Focusrite ports their considerable design savvy into the transparent, low-noise, low-distortion preamps in the Scarlett OctoPre. This is the same technology found in Focusrite's flagship products, giving you gobs of available headroom to accommodate your dynamic, condenser, and ribbon mics on any source, no matter how boisterous. Of course, you also get phantom power for your mics that require it.
Redone engineers know that conversion is key to superior digital audio, and every Scarlett unit features Focusrite's class-leading 24-bit/192kHz conversion. Offering up to 109dB of dynamic range, the Scarlett OctoPre is the easy, clean way to expand your studio I/O.
Focusrite Scarlett OctoPre Features:
- 8-channel mic/line preamp expansion with ADAT output
- 8 x 2nd-generation Scarlett mic/line pres,
- 8 line outputs, fed from mic preamps
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz AD/DA for high-resolution audio
- ADAT outputs (8 channels at up to 48kHz, 4 channels at 96kHz, 2 channels at 192kHz)
- Mic pres and front-panel instrument inputs engineered with generous headroom
- 5-segment LED metering and channel clip indicators
- 48-volt phantom power available across all inputs (switchable: 1-4, 5-8)
- Word clock I/O